Saturday, July 9, 2016

Lovely New Comments From "Anonymous"


Here we go folks...some new comments from the ever charming "anonymous". 

Let's read and discuss, shall we?



"I choose to remain anonymous as I'm familiar with your history of stalking and harrassing when confronted and I'm choosing not to subject myself or my family to that kind of crazy."

  Well "Anon" that's fine and dandy, but I have never "stalked" anyone.
I have however been the recipient of harassment both here, and in person, and witnessed your school's staff and parents try and get a very good friend of mine fired from her job. 
  Her personal information, as well as her employers information was passed out to parents in the drop off circle by staff members and they were encouraged to call. 
  Many demanded she be fired after alleging she was guilty of unspeakable crimes against children, when all she was doing was filming the traffic backup (cars) and posting it on YouTube along with sending copies to the appropriate County officials. 
  This is why I took up the banner and started this blog. 
  You were willing to destroy a person's life.    
  Over traffic complaints.
  Over your selfishness. 
  I decided to fight back in a way that you could not harm any of us.
  So, your argument is nothing more than a silly joke.

"At no point in my comment did I give you credit for getting our school closed. I simply said your dreams have come true. By no means do I think you had anything to do with the closing of this school so unless your name is David Stiles, Marcus May or Eileen Quinla, you can stop patting yourself on the back."

    Actually "Anon", I haven't been "patting myself on the back". 
   But, so many of the  "Hope for Windsor" crowd have been emailing and blaming me for getting the school shut down, that I assumed you fell into that mindset as well.  
  I must note however, you failed to acknowledge the blame that must rest squarely on your and the other parents shoulders...tsk tsk tsk.


"Now brace yourself, I'm going to bring some logic into this conversation... "

   Oh that is rich. You have jokes. Good for you.

"The grades at our school were low the first 2 years as expected since the children tested in the first couple of years came from our lovely public schools. However, if you care to look at more recent data, both schools were C rated for 2014-2015 and our 3rd grade FSA scores exceeded state and county averages for 2015-2016. I find this to be a particularly interesting statistic as our 2015-2016 3rd graders were the inaugural Windsor class and many of them had only attended Windsor. Imagine what we could have done for these kids without the fraud and theft!"

   I did look at the "recent data" in addition to long standing data. I cited the FLDOE data many times over the last two years in this very blog. In fact, I never cited anything  that I could not link back to and/or verify. Can you verify that your fourth year third graders actually did that well, or was it it lip service paid to you by staff?
    Now, let's look at those grades....
   East Windsor Middle Academy took the "C" the state so generously awarded them, and successfully lowered it to a "D".  They dropped a full grade point in one little year. A FULL GRADE POINT.  Yay them!
   Windsor Prep earned and received an "F" rating in it's 2nd and 3rd years. Not the first, but rather it's 2nd and 3rd. 
   They were forced to submit a "school improvement plan, and left the Pinellas County School Board members very dissatisfied as to any explanation for the poor performance. 
    In fact, the school resorted to teaching Pinellas County's own curriculum in an effort to improve.(all of which is online- google is your friend- and has been posted on this blog)
    Last year, it's fourth year, it was awarded an "informational baseline grade" of "C", which was based on the assumption they would have improved, and to use as a "baseline" for future grading. 
   Unfortunately Windsor Prep did not (or could not be bothered to) submit sufficient data for the state to issue a grade for this year. Instead the school received an "I" for incomplete. Was there something they were hiding perhaps? Will we ever know?
       Consider too, Windsor Prep's charter was up for renewal, and they may not have gotten the approval of the PCSB with their ongoing poor performance. It would have been interesting to watch that play out.
  So, keep making excuses and believing whatever the self serving staff may have told you, but an F is an F is an F.
*** FLDOE SCHOOL GRADES PINELLAS COUNTY 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR

"You are right about one thing though. I was drawn to the smaller school setting and the family oriented environment. Who wouldn't want their child to be a name and not a number? I didn't research NEP or the disgusting team of crooks at their helm. I was foolish enough to trust our State Department of Education and the Pinellas County School Board to oversee the finances and operations of this school since that's their job! "

   Of course I understand you were all drawn to the setting. I would have been too. It was, and is, a beautiful facility, in a quiet location. ( one that is still has limited access however, and did not fit into a small, closed off neighborhood with such limited entry/exit access)
   BUT, that is not all that mattered. 
  You say you "trusted" the FLDOE and Pinellas County Schools, but "Anon" they didn't mislead you. They didn't "fail" you.  They did what legislators such as your hero Jeff Brandes have limited them to being able to do. 
   PLEASE, stop trying to slough the blame off on others.
   It was a simple search for me two years ago to get all the information that I have posted, as it would have been for you.
   Hopefully now you won't just blindly believe whatever anyone tells you.
   There was press coverage, and there are many links on the FLDOE webpage. 
   You could also have called and asked questions of the PCSB Charter Schools overseer. At the time I started this blog, it was a woman. She was very informative and helpful in directing me towards finding data and answering my questions.
  I repeat....YOU COULD HAVE DONE  ALL OF THAT YOURSELF AND SHOULD HAVE.       So as it turns out, I was right about a lot of things, not just one. 
 And honestly, some of the teachers behavior was not very family friendly. Just sayin...

"I was naive in thinking that people would not victimize children as young as 3 years old for their own financial gain under the supervision of the county. Silly me! "

  Yes, sadly you were naive, which is what I have said before. But instead of being so self pitying, accept responsibility. 
   I simply googled "charter schools in Florida" when I started this blog, and it was easy to find hundreds, if not thousands of articles, reports, statistics, and other blogs which went back for years, and into other states, documenting issues and concerns with not just charter schools, but also Newpoint Education Partners, David Stiles, etc. 
  You could have and should done that before you even considered enrolling your child in this school
   You were silly for not having done so.

"Whatever drew us to the school, whatever research we did or didn't do before we arrived, we wouldn't have fought so damn hard if our kids weren't thriving. Even with the corruption, deception and fraud taking place on the "business" side, our children were loved. Our children laughed and learned and felt safe which is more than they will get at many of our public schools. I'm guessing you don't have children because if you did, you would understand and appreciate our "why". "

   I'm sure that yes, some of the teachers and other staff cared deeply about your children, as I am sure you truly do want the very best for your child. There is no doubt about the latter certainly.
     That said however, if you are a teacher, who purports to want the best for your students, do you keep encouraging parents to keep their kids on board the sinking ship? 
      These kids lacked so much of what was promised...materials, computers, gifted and Spanish classes, to name just a few.
      How did they justify that? 
    Why would they continue justifying that? 
    Why didn't they rock the boat and challenge things a couple years ago when things started sliding?
      Heck, why did the staff encourage parents to enroll their kids in the Middle School when they knew construction would not be completed on time and that they would have to turn children away at the last minute?  Hhhmmm? 


"You may have even been fighting with, not against us the last 2 years."
  
   Not a chance. Not when it was so easy for me to research and recognize what the parent company of this school was...who they were. 
    I did however fight back, along with my neighbors, to not be held prisoner by this school, against the abuse of the staff before it opened, and later, the abuse on the parts of so many parents as well.
    We watched at least twice, as  medical care to critically ill people was delayed by cars not moving out of the way. 
    We worried about fires when our fire hydrants were blocked, often for hours at a time.
    We adjusted our schedules, often leaving for our jobs an hour early to avoid being late, or getting home an hour later than it should have been because we had to sit in traffic. 
     Patients of the VA ( retired and disabled military who served our country!) struggled with trying to schedule hard to get medical appointments around school traffic. 
    A woman had to try and schedule her husband's  funeral around the traffic jam. That's tragic...not just a mere inconvenience.
    Fences, landscaping, and mailboxes were damaged frequently. 
   Trash was thrown in our yards. 
    Our driveways were often blocked and we were yelled at when we asked people to move.    Once two teachers even had to be trespassed from someone's property.
    How is any of that right, let alone acceptable? It isn't. You would not want or accept that in your neighborhood, yet you felt we should accept it in ours.
  So, I can assure you I never would have stood, or fought with people who treat others like so many of you treated us. NEVER

   
"You have posted things on this page that could only have been obtained from the Hope page so let's not play like you aren't on there. Either way, your pleasure at our plight is disturbing." 

  I will not argue with you about my not being on the Hope for Windsor page, as I am not now, nor have I ever been. 
   I have viewed the public "hope for Windsor blog, as you all have viewed this blog. However, the Facebook page and other Hope for Windsor sites are private and therefor not accessible to me. Further one would hope you guys would know who you were allowing into those group pages. 
   It should be pointed out though that Mr. Tra ( however sarcastically intended) thanked me for my blog's having providing so much info for him to post on his, so ( hate to burst your bubble) it's actually the other way around.
  That said, I was always happy to share all the information I dug up and linked to on this blog, and frankly had any of you followed up on it, instead of attacking me so often, you may have derailed this train wreck and saved your schools two years ago.
  As far as my "pleasure at your plight", I would like to clarify that right here.
  In no way am I happy for any suffering any of the children have or may have gone through. I genuinely believe that many of the staff and parents are decent people, genuinely trying to do the best for their children that they can.
  Sadly though, that does not hold true for all of the staff and parents. Some of you quite literally put my friends and neighbors ( and myself) through Hell. 
  People have tried desperately to figure out who I am, where I live, literally sent me (via email) death threats, insults, and more.  
   How does that make them good? Clearly they aren't.
   And they my,dear "Anon", are the ones of whom I do take pleasure in their "plight". 
  They made it a tit for tat scenario...a them against me scenario.
  And they lost. 
   Everything I said would happen did in fact happen. It's sad, but none the less true.
   And as far as my friend who they tried so desperately to break..to get fired...she still has a job when a lot of those teachers do not.
   We neighbors who have endured so much ARE enjoying the peace and quiet. Thank you.

"I truly hope you enjoy the vacant, rotting building that was built with your precious taxpayer dollars. "

  Don't be silly. 
   The landlord has made millions from endeavors such as this...he will have the building leased out, or sold, by next year.
   Frankly, I anticipate he will try and lease it to another charter school group and we will start all over again. After all, he knows many in the charter school biz, as does the attorney you had fighting "so hard" for your school. 
   Isn't it interesting she previously fought for ( one of the bad guys) Imagine Schools, and is involved in real estate development herself ( or at least her family is)? But I'm sure she gave her all for you. wink wink.

"I hope you don't find another cause to spew your hatred and anger on from behind your computer screen but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before another group catches your eye and the daggers fly via an antiwhatever.blogspot page. Good luck to you and more luck to them! "

   I want to thank you again for your parting shot too. 
   Thank you for trivializing the plight of the people in this neighborhood. 
   Thank you for denigrating it down to insulting the person who ultimately was right when you all were wrong.
  And, thank you for being bitter enough in your loss to sling your own little daggers. 
   You guys NEVER disappoint. 
 Good Luck to You.

 Now, as far as me and any future fights, well, I plan on continuing to fight against charter schools, or rather the laws that allow them to bilk tax payers of so much money. 
  I plan on trying to vote in candidates who will  effect positive  change that will protect tax payers and children from legislators who are in the pockets of the Charter school management companies.  
So at that, I guess all I can say is watch out for low flying daggers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment